Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I spoke with you the other day about a nodule found in my esophagus.

Customer Question

I spoke with you the other day about a nodule found in my esophagus. I am still freaking out.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry you are freaking out. I see you had a mucosal nodule in your esophagus and had it biopsied.when do you go back to see your GI doctor to find out the results of your biopsy?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just saw this you there?
yes, I am here.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you tell me about this nodule?
I don't have the results of your biopsybut most likely it will be benign.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Some other Doctor came on and disappeared!
what questions do you have for me?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Would you like more info?
sure.but I don't have the results of your biopsy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like to know what a mucosal nodule in the esophagus is? Everything I read points to cancer and it quiet frankly freaking me out! Would you like more info from my report? I have never tested positive for Barrett's I had scare tissue removed in 2012. I have gastritis.
you have to wait to see your doctor to get the biopsy report to know for suremost likely it is a benign polyp he biopsied.you can give me more information from your report.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is polyp and nodule the same thing? Z-line regular, 39 cm from incisors. Muscosal nodule found in the esophagus. Biopsies. Patulous lower esophageal sphincter. 2 cm hiatus hernia. Erythematous mucosa in the gastric body. Biopsied. Normal examined duodenum. Biopsied. The examination was otherwise normal.
polyp can also be called a nodule.I see.most likely the nodule will be benignyou have to wait for the final pathology report to know for sure.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com