Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

My husband has 11x3 cm mass in spleen, Recently diagnosed

Customer Question

My husband has 11x3 cm mass in spleen
JA: OK. The Oncologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Oncologist can help you best.
Customer: Recently diagnosed with nonhodgkins lymphoma, CD 15 & 30 +, Fascin +, Eber by Ish +, pax 5 +, MUM 1 +, Bob 1 + , Oct 2 +; from biopsy of mediastinal mass.
JA: What you need to deal with cancer is lots of information. So you are at a good place consulting our Expert to help you decide which treatment path to take. Is there anything else the Oncologist should be aware of?
Customer: He has grand mal seizure disorder, Parkinson's, hiatal hernia they also found mass on L4 of spine, lymph nodes in chest have numerous lymph node masses 1 to 1.9 cm. He was in marine corps a year & 8 months at camp lejune nc where the water had benzine, industrial solvents & other chemicals
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oncologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Sorry to hear about your husband.

Is a biopsy planned or not yet? I mean of the mass?

Please let me know.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

this is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor.

I am sorry about your husband.

the spleen mass most likely is from his non hodgkins lymphoma as well.

what he needs is a PET/CT scan of his whole body to see where his lymphoma is

and a bone marrow biopsy to see if lymphoma is in his bone marrow.

he doesn't need his spleen biopsied. the spleen is very vascular and bleeds frequently and a biopsy would risk severe bleeding.

he needs to see a medical oncologist for workup and treatment of his non hodgkins lymphoma

which most likely would start with chemotherapy, like Rituxan CHOP chemotherapy

his prior chemical exposure history to benzines could have increased his risk for developing non hodgkins lymphoma.

how old is he? is he being treated at the VA facility?