Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I was seen at the er recently pain so I have a question

Customer Question

I was seen at the er recently for stomach pain so I have a question regarding that
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

this is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor

what is your medical question?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was recently seen by the er I was experiencing stomach pain which I think was just gas prior to that I have been gauging my ears and a step process to make your ear lobe bigger is to wrap your gauge with medical tape I did that a day later I noticed my lymph nodes where swollen and I starting getting sick and then the pain in my stomach happened I went to the er and they did a cat scan of bladder and a ultra sound on everything including a internal for female organs the doctor can back in and side she has no idea cause everything looks good but my white blood cell count is 23000 which indicates a infection so she put me on 2 different antibiotics for bacterial infection but reading further I noticed it could be a sign of leukemia so I just needed to know if this case could be leading to that

no, it would not be leading to leukemia.

you most likely caused an infection in your ear lobes

and your swollen neck lymph nodes are trying to fight off that infection.

23,000 is in the range for infection, not leukemia.

make sure you take the antibiotics with food in your mouth

and with a probiotic to try to prevent antibiotic caused diarrhea.

let me know if you have other questions.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
why would I have pain in my stomach

can be from excessive stomach acid or food poisoning or gas or constipation

where in your abdomen was the pain? upper abdomen? lower abdomen? left or right?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's upper and then to lower but I also have my period

it could be a mix of excessive stomach acid causing upper left abdominal pain

and period pains and ovarian cramps causing lower abdominal pains.

these are not signs you have leukemia.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It hurts to push on it on the top could it be a bacterial infection in there it seems to be a little better should I continue taking gas x

usually it wouldn't be from bacterial infection.

gasX only helps gas

I would try stomach acid reducers like maalox, mylanta, zantac, tagamet to help reduce stomach acid to see if that helps

and also avoid spicy foods, alcohol, tomato sauces, fried foods, oily foods, large meals, black pepper for now.

don't take the antibiotics on an empty stomach.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What would be the reason for it to hurt when touched could it be the infection itself

most likely not infection

most likely inflammation of the stomach organ which helps digest foods is right below the left rib cage.

or it could be due to inflammation of the gall bladder which is below the right rib cage.

you taking antibiotics would help fight any infection that is going on in your body

stomach infections are rare.

more likely the infection is coming from your ears and your neck area.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Why would I have inflammation there like sometimes it hurts to even get up that's why I thought it was logged gas or making a slight Chance of food poisoning

the stomach producing too much stomach acid is very common

it comes from eating poorly, processed foods, fast foods, too much fried foods, spicy foods, alcohol intake, tomato sauces, all can cause your stomach to produce too much stomach acid

this leads to gastritis inflammation of the stomach and upper left abdominal pains and acid reflux symptoms and heart burn.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ya like my bottom part of my stomach hurts when I cough and the top part hurts when I touch or get hit I'm just a mess

your period pain should get better soon

try over the counter maalox or mylanta and zantac and see if that helps your upper ab pain

avoid spicy foods, alcohol, tomato sauces, fried foods for a while

I bet your pain will get better

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

do you have other questions?