Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I keep getting a slight itch/tingle on the head of my penis

Customer Question

I keep getting a slight itch/tingle on the head of my penis seems like its coming from inside the hole. I have no discharge no discoloration bumps or redness or swelling. I'm 28 about 9 days ago I had unprotected sex. The Dr said it could be urethritis but I'm just worrying myself to death waiting for my urinalysis.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Did you know the person you had sex with?

Was this vaginal, anal or other?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I knew of her because my friend knew her friend. Just vaginal and she gave me oral as well. I have no other symptoms no rash or burn while peeing either. My Dr. Took a urine sample but said he wasn't too concerned nut mentioned urethritis
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thoughts on this ?

Thank you for that additional information.

It does not sound like you have a STD.

Also, given that you saw a doctor and he found everything to be OK I agree with him:

There is no need for you to worry.

Of course, if you find yourself still freaking out about this then -- by all means -- go back to the doctor and have him run an entire STD panel on you. This way you can stop worrying .

But, if you were my son, I'd tell you that you're OK.

Next time use a condom, if for no other reason than your piece of mind.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well he did take a urine sample in which I am waiting for results which is giving me even more anxiety waiting. What could that periodic tingle/itch be? A previous Dr. Said it could be from drinking too much alcohol or coffee and not enough water consumption. Have you ever heard of someone ccomplain of this type of issue. Also the encounter was 10 days ago if that helps anymore
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please respond. Thanks

Your anxiety is getting the better of you here.

The tingle/itch is nothing to be concerned about nor is a sign of anything terrible.

It also does not have anything to do with alcohol intake or lack of drinking too much water.

It is probably from you spending too much time thinking about your penis. Put it out of your mind and stop freaking out.

Ok? OK.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I understand. My primary care Dr. Mentioned could be possible urethritis which is cleared up with antibiotics or a simple urine infection. If it were something sexual what would be major signs? Just curious.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This will be one of my last questions

The signs vary.

If you are worried, get a complete STD panel done. Many cities have clinics that offer this test for free and without having to give your name.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The urine test should show if I do or not though right? Other than that I notice no symptoms
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No discharge no pain no rash no bumps no fever . All good signs right
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry I'm being a pain
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is my last question for you

Yes. The urine test will show if you have a UTI. It will not show if you have STDs, of course.

Yes. Those are all good signs :)

Dr. Rick MD FACS