Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My husband just found out that he has a 4.7 soft tissue mass

Customer Question

My husband just found out that he has a 4.7 soft tissue mass pleural based medial left lower lobe with a few scattered borderline thoracic lymph nodes. Largest is a right paraTracheal lymph node 1 cm. Please help me to understand. Thank you.
JA: Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I know even simple seeming things can be baffling. Having your health fail in any way is awful, exhausting, scary. Is there anything else the Oncologist should be aware of?
Customer: 2.8 cm elonated fluid attentuation structure along the upper right heart border.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oncologist about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about these findings for your husband.

how old is he?

is he a smoker?

why did he have this CT scan done?

1cm paratracheal lymph node could be 100% normal.

he could have an infection causing the 4.7cm pleural based mass.

it could be scar tissue from prior infections

or it could be a lung cancer.

I'm not sure what this 2.8cm fluid thing next to the heart boarder, could be collapsed lung, could be something else

he might need to see a pulmonologist to get a lung biopsy if he is at risk for lung cancer

does he have an appointment to see a lung specialist?