Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Can i ask u questions now?

Customer Question

Can i ask u questions now?
Category: Oncology
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dr. David:)
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

baby's cells are developing cells and if rare DNA mutations occur in certain parts of the DNA, these can be imbedded in the DNA and could potentially cause cancer many many years down the line

these DNA mutations can't be checked for

we know babies who are exposed to radiation like at Hiroshima or Nagasaki who were not killed by the atomic blast

or exposed to radiation at Chernobyl accident, had higher rates of cancer later in life.

and we know that younger children had higher rates of future cancers than older kids.

but a few xrays is not the same as being at Hiroshima or Chernobyl

and the amount of radiation was super small

kvp is killovolage peak which is one way to measure how much electricity goes into the xray machine to make the xray.

it really doesn't measure the radiation exposed.

mAs is milliAmpers and is a measure of the current of electricity which goes into the xray machine to make the xray and doesn't measure the radiation exposed.

rems or millirems is really the best way to measure the radiation which was delivered which is a tiny tiny amount.

no, I can't see your question

did you see my response above?