Dr Uzaer
Dr Uzaer, Cancer Surgeon
Experience:  I am in a Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic surgery unit, dealing with all kinds of cancer surgeries.
27273415

I am 28 years old. Starting last night I have been having

Customer Question

Hello! I am 28 years old. Starting last night I have been having some achiness/pain (not horrible) that comes and goes on my lower right side/hip/back area. Last night I noticed some cloudiness in my urine when I went to the bathroom but it was only once and that's fine now. A couple months ago I went to the ERot abdominal pain and they did a cat scan of my abdominal area and ultrasounds of each organ...all was fine. I've had an enlarged lymphnode for awhile in my neck but they've checked with cat scans, bloodwork etx and all is fine. In worried it could be related to lymphoma or something. I don't know how/why I would get a kidney infection or something...I haven't done anything different and I don't eat bad
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr Uzaer replied 11 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.
Lymphomas do not present with abdominal/hip/flank or back pain. They present with fatigue, lethargy, evening fever, night sweats, loss of weight and appetite and enlarged lymph nodes not one lymph node.

This is most likely a urinary tract infection or an impending urinary tract infection. Since, all your blood work and CAT scan was also normal, it is not right to think this is a lymphoma.

I suggest that you start on an anti inflammatory pain killer like Tylenol 2 tablets every 8 hours. Back and hip massage with Ibuprofen liquigel thrice a day. And drink a lot of water, cranberry juice and citrosoda sachets (thrice a day).

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi there! They also found another lymphnode in my armpit (enlarged) but not suspicious on an ultrasound. The one that was cat scanned was done with contrast. I did have another couple lymphnodes that popped up on the side of my neck but they were very small and went done. I do have minor night sweats, but I also like to bundle myself up. I was worried because at night I sometimes feel warm and do have night sweats to the point that the top of my shirt and sometimes back will be wet/damp. Recently sometimes I do feel nauseaus but not every day.

Night sweats alone are not significant. Keep a regular follow up with your physician for those lymph nodes. Do not worry about this being a lymphoma.

I only get paid for my work on this site if you rate this answer using the star system on the top of your screen.

Best.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would think that a cat scan would rule it out but I don't know

Yes, it rules them out.

Best.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had a fever last night of 99.5 when I woke up not feeling well but nothing like that before. what do you think of my symptoms?

I think this is not a lymphoma but a UTI.

Please do leave a positive rating.

Best.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi dr uzair! I haven't been to the doctor about these nodes since November. I only have the one on the left side of my neck right over my coratid artery. I had one in my arm pit that they found that was the size of a pinky nail but i don't know if it's still there. That one was seen by ultrasound and wasn't suspicious. The one that I've had for months was cat scanned with contrast and was found to be a little enlarged but not otherwise abnormal. I can definitely go back to my doctor but wouldn't that rule that out? I'm worried because yesterday I was feeling nauseaus and my lower back was achey. I went to the doctor and he said my temp was only 98.5, my thermometer goes up to like 99.4 sometimes. I took ib profen and felt better. However, today I'm back to feeling nauseaus and lower back achiness again. I'm just worried about this...

Yes, I understand that you are worried, but you are letting your health anxiety take over. Although lymphoma has been ruled out by all the tests you have had and you do not have any symptoms pointing towards it either, but you seem to have convinced yourself that you have it. I think the only way is to go back to your doctor and have him/her reassure you.

I have so far tried my best and reiterate that this is not lymphoma.

I only get paid for my work on this site if you rate this answer by using the star system on the top of your screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. Do you think it's alarming that my temp is spiking at times to 99.5, 99.6?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
having some on and off nausea.

Not alarming.

Please leave a positive rating or accept additional service to continue asking questions beyond the scope of the original query.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi dr uzair! I'm worried because over the last few days I've had a dry feeling in my throat and the one side feels sore/hard to swallow. I'm worried because it is just t weird to swallow on the one side. I'm worried it could be ALS or something since I do have twitchy muscles when I stretch, etc. or that it has to do with my lymphnode.

Kindly rate the answer or accept additional services offer so that i can answer your further questions.