Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Do I need to worry about luekemia in a 5 year old child who

Customer Question

Do I need to worry about luekemia in a 5 year old child who has slight bruising, and is slightly pale? No fevers or infections, and doesn't seem lethargic. Eating well, but doesn't eat a good variety of foods because he is very picky (little to no meat, no veggies). Bruising doens't seem to be in any unusual places.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

this is Dr. David

no, you don't have to worry about leukemia

leukemia would cause the child to be lethargic and not want to eat.

bruising is most likely from him being active in play.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
basically just the symptom of bruising really isn't something to get too concerned over when it's not accompanied by any other of the symptoms such as fever and lethargy? He has more today, but he and his brother were wrestling today on the trampoline. His skin reddens very easily after he is touched. He was being rough with his brother and now he has some slight bruising and petechiae on his elbow from his brother being way too rough. The bruises always fade very quickly (within a few days) I should mention he also had Vitiligo where his pigment is splotchy and white is some spots, could that up his bruising factor? My cousin has luekemia so I'm always really worried about it.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you don't have to worry about leukemia

it is his rough play which is causing the bruising, not leukemia.

please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com