Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I had a chest x-ray to r/o pneumonia and the report noted a

Customer Question

Hi! I had a chest x-ray to r/o pneumonia and the report noted a 1.5 x 2.8 cm lentiform mass lesion in the anterior mediastinum. I had a follow up ct scan and it was completely normal. I am happy but confused about the noted mass? Any thoughts?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

a chest CT scan is much more detailed and 3D high definition imaging of your chest

a chest xray is 1940s 2 dimensional projections of your chest which uses xrays to cast shadows onto flat films.

any sort of mediastinal shadow can cast funny and suggest a possible mass lesion which is not really there .

I would trust the chest CT scan

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com