Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I was just released today from a cardiac observation unit. I

Customer Question

I was just released today from a cardiac observation unit. I presented with constant chest pain that radiates through to my upper back and left side of neck. These pains have been consistent for several months now. I have been diagnosed 3 times since Nov. 2015 with pneumonia.
My CT report has a few findings that I'm concerned with....
1. Pleural-parenchymal banding in the lingula.
2. Dependent atelectatic changes are noted bilaterally.
3.multiple media's tingling lymph nodes are noted, most prominently seen in the bilateral peri hilarious region measuring up to 9mm.
4. Mild mixed calcified and non calcified atherosclerosis disease of the descending thoracic aorta.
Please help me understand what this means and if I should get further testing.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

repeated pneumonia can cause scar tissue and inflammation in the lungs, like what is seen on your chest CT Scan.

banding is thicking of the lung tissue which can come from prior lung infections.

dependent are the lower parts of the lungs, atelectasis is mild collapsed lung which doesn't expand well if you didn't take a nice deep breath when you had the chest CT scan done.

mediastinal lymph nodes are normal size at 9mm. these are normal lymph nodes which are there to help filter the lymphatic fluid in the lungs.

as we get older, we can get calcium deposits on the walls of large blood vessels like the aorta. this can be seen on CT scan. best thing is to lower your cholesterol and eat less or no animal fats and a vegan diet to reverse plaques on your arteries.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com