Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have had lung cancer surgery 7 years ago. Now I have scar

Customer Question

I have had lung cancer surgery 7 years ago. Now I have scar tissue that is covering my esophagus & aorta causing a very tight feeling in my chest & back. can this scar tissue be removed in anyway or do I have to continue to let it be eventually dying from the scar tissue?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  khagihara replied 11 months ago.

Did you also have radiation?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
38 days of radiation
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
would laparoscopic surgery take care of the problem

It would be very difficult to remove the scar tissue. You will die from the scar tissue. You should have medications prescribed by your doctor or pain clinic so that they can relieve the uncomfortable feeling.

Sorry correction. You will not die from it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is happening then? Do I die from this or will it just stop squeezing my organs
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you a Thoracic Surgeon

One possibile surgery is cut the scar tissue so that the organ can move. Removing the scar tissue could cause a lot of bleeding and possibly perforation of the organs. The cuts could be performed with laparoscopic surgery.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you

You are welcome. Take care.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a radiation oncology cancer doctor.

scar tissue in the chest can be very difficult to treat after surgery and radiation .

if you have a tight feeling in the chest, you need to see your doctor about this.

one area that scar tissue can form is around the eosophagus and cause esophageal stricture. this can be treated with upper endoscopy scope procedures and esophageal dilation to open up a larger path in the esophagus.

this would be the easier place for radiation and surgery scar tissue to treated.

you will not die from your scar tissue

laprosopic surgery and cutting out scar tissue is really no a good idea in the chest area.

you need to be checked for acid reflux and asthma which can cause tight feelings in your chest

if you have excessive anxiety, this can cause tight feelings in your chest as well and this would be treated with anxiety medications.

do you have excessive anxiety or difficulty swallowing?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com