Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

What does bone marrow thinning mean

Customer Question

What does bone marrow thinning mean
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr David

bone marrow is the fat and cells inside of the bone which produces all of your cells in your blood like white blood cells, red blood cells and platelets.

usually the bone marrow doesn't get "thin"

the bone cortex or the hard bone itself can become thinner as we get older and this can lead to osteoporosis or weakening of the bone.

this can be measured with a bone density xray test which can tell how dense your bone is.

usually men don't have this problem as much as women do, like after their menopause.

these bone density tests measure the density of the bone itself, not the bone marrow

blood tests for your blood cells are a better way to know if your bone marrow is working properly

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

do you have any other questions?