Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

QUESTION}I have increasing pain in my right chest wall and

Customer Question

QUESTION}I have increasing pain in my right chest wall and ribs, under my right breast. I've had right breast cancer, diagnosed in March 2014, and finished chemo, lumpectomy, and rad therapy more than a year ago. I assumed it was a late effect of tangential radiation, but the chest wall and rib pain is increasing.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to get an ultrasound of that area to check for gall bladder inflammation

usually radiation doesn't cause pain in the ribs a year later.

I am a cancer doctor.

you could be having inflammation of your gall bladder or distal stomach or duodenum causing the pain.

advil can worsen stomach acid production and in bad cases can cause stomach or duodenal ulcers which can cause pain below the right ribs.

do you have a doctor who can check your gall bladder?