Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am very worried. About a month ago I started having

Customer Question

Hello! I am very worried. About a month ago I started having tension/pain in my shoulder blade area and left arm/shoulder along with my thumb shaking at time. The thumb has stopped shaking and now I have aches in the outside of my arm pit and some soreness
near my rib cage/breast area on that side. I had a chest x Ray done but now the doctor wanted me to have a mammogram which has now been down graded to an ultrasound of my underarm area. I am worried that I have breast cancer. My left breast hurts at time but
not to touch and I didn't think much of it. I do not have any lumps. I also had an x Ray of my thoracic and cervical spine which was fine. Anyway, I am worried about breast cancer. Most of the under arm pain is closer to my back rather than near my chest.
I am 28 and am otherwise healthy.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

breast cancer doesn't cause pain in the breast.

you probably have a pinched nerve in your back causing under arm pain

I bet your breast ultrasound will be normal

ask for an MRI scan of your spine and CT scan of your chest.

you most likely have a pinched nerve in your neck or upper spine

causing thumb shaking and pain in your arm arm area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I agree with you but why would I need a CT scan of my chest? I'm worried I have lung cancer Bc of my symptoms and recently I have a cough but it's more of an itchy type cough. Also, I did have a chest x Ray done which I'm assuming would have shown masses.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

your age, lung cancer is not seen, it would be hitting the lottery sort of rare.

a chest CT may not be needed.

MRI scan of the spine and neck spine will be more helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's good to hear in terms of lung cancer. I don't have any history of it or anything. Wouldn't an x Ray have shown anything like that? About a month ago I had a ct scan done of my abdomen that was also normal. I know part of my lungs were pictured but not everything. I'm just worried that maybe the chest x Ray wouldn't show something like that.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, a chest xray would have seen a lung cancer.

you are letting your anxiety get out of control with worry.

much more likely a pinched nerve in your spine

you don't need to worry about breast cancer or lung cancer or any other type of cancer.

if you have bad anxiety symptoms, you might benefit from treatment from your doctor to decrease anxiety

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm worried because I have a cough that is getting worse. My throat feels itchy at the bottom and I need to cough.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

that can be from acid reflux or runny nose or allergies and mucus in your throat causing cough.

worsening cough is not a sign of cancer at your age .

you are letting your anxiety get out of control with worry here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr. David! Just a little concerned as of lately I spend most of my nights, especially when laying down coughing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just worried this is related to some weird form of lung cancer or something since I never seem to have anything like this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have mucus or anything like that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cough is noticeable throughout the day but seems worse at night when I'm laying down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, sorry for all the questions, I'm just worried. My left breast area is sore to the touch in one area that is closer to my arm pit so I am afraid of what the ultrasound is going to find.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you don't have lung cancer.

you are too young to have lung cancer.

you probably are having acid reflux causing your cough.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. What do you think of it being sore in my breast area but up closer to the crease of my arm/arm pit. No Lumps or anything that I can feel of though. I am just worried about what they will find.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

probably a pulled muscle there causing the pain

or a pinched nerve in your spine causing the pain.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pain that I get on the back edge/outside of my arm pit is the usual but recently my actual left breast has been achey/burney feeling especially closer to my arm pit/crease. Just worried about the ultrasound today and what they will find. I just want this all resolved.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I bet you a million dollars that the ultrasound will find no breast cancer.

you need an MRI scan of your spine to look for pinched nerve causing the pain in your arm pit area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pain is also in my shoulder blade and upper arm. What would they do for a pinched nerve?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

they might give you a pinched nerve.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. I had my ultrasound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She only found a lymphnode but said that it's an incidental finding
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it is normal to have a lymph node in your breast.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was more in the area of my arm pit. She did have a weird look on her face when she was looking at the screen for a bit but said she just saw a lymphnode. She did mention that was changing the setting on the machine to see better. I know radiologists aren't supposed to tell you anything, so hopefully she didn't just see something and not want to say it.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it is normal to see lymph nodes in the arm pit area.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! I am sorry to bother you! I'm just a little concerned and thinking about my ultrasound. The tech seemed to find nothing at first and then found something and said she wanted to change be setting of the machine or magnify it. She stood there for a minute just staring at the screen which was a little concerning. I asked if she saw anything weird and she said just a lymphnode. She said that lymphnodes show up in the arm pit area. I asked if it was enlarged and she kind of shrugged her shoulders like it wasn't that big of a deal and said she already put in the measurements. Right after she found that she was done and asked me to get dressed as if she had found what she needed. On my way out I mentioned that I was going to worry about it all weekend and she said you don't need to worry but didn't want to talk about it too much. I'm worried that maybe it was bigger or she saw something else she didn't want to mention to me since she was looking at it for awhile and seemed to be done right away after she found it. Sorry for all my worrying.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you don't have to worry.

I have told you that your breast ultrasound would be normal

a lymph node is normal in the axilla

you are reading too much into small things.

this is your excessive anxiety doing this.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok thank you. Today is a good day but they differ each day in terms of the pain near my shoulder blade. Today my under arm area hurts but it's on the side of my back right under my arm. Hoping all this goes away. Would a pinched nerve really cause soreness or a feelings of the muscles feeling achey/tense?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 months ago.

yes, I have told you that a pinched nerve would cause these symptoms

you keep asking the same questions again and again

please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi there! No problem I am sorry. In terms of a pinched nerve, would that cause the shoulder blade area/area between shoulder blade and spine on the left side to feel uncomfortable/hurt even when I have a light purse strap going across my back in that spot, wouldn't something more serious be causing that? The strap is only touching it a little bit and not heavy at all. If it is just a pinched nerve, is there anything I can do to make it go away? How long does the healing process usually take? I apologize, these are my last questions.

no, it is not more serious

you have a pinched nerve in your back.

you need to see a doctor to get a physical exam and MRI scan of your spine.

this way you will be able to get more information about what is causing your symptoms.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm worried that the MRI might show something like cancer or something instead of something like a pinched nerve since I don't know what it could be besides a pinched nerve. Also, I'm concerned because these doctors keep sending me for x rays, cat scans and I'm worried that might cause cancer. Last month I had an x Ray of my chest and a cat scan of my abdomen and then this month an x Ray of my spine and an x Ray of my chest and a cat scan of my neck and head because of migraines. I'm just a worrier. I don't intend of going for any more tests.

I'm going to opt out to let another doctor help you here.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I apologize. I don't really have any more questions beyond my last question. I will rate you now. Thanks.