Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

, i have a lump under my armpits years now and painless

Customer Question

Customer: hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have a lump under my armpits for many years now and painless should i worry
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Oncology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Oncology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 29 years old female and have had this lump for many years I have under both arm pits about the size of pea and they have not changed. The first one started out under my right armpit years ago and the second one came after a few years. they are very hard fixed lumps. All my blood tests in the past have come out fine but my mother thinks i should have it looked at.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

thanks for your question

a lump under your armpits which is painless and hasn't changed for many years is not a sign of cancer.

most likely it is an ingrown hair follicle or a subaceous cyst in the skin

or you could be feeling a normal benign lymph node in your arm pit.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i read alot of about breast cancer but i dont have any other symptom and have never bothered to take the lump seriously. What do you recommend i do should i go and get a biopsy done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the lump is very hard and i have tried to drain it with no success.... its been this way for years
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

subaceous cysts can be hard for years and stay stable.

you can show the lump to a doctor

I bet they will say it is a subaceous cyst

it is not worrisome and doesn't sound like it needs to be biopsied.

you might not want to read too much about breast cancer if it is causing you to worry too much about it.

you don't need mammograms and ultrasound scans of your breast for breast cancer until age 40

let me know if you have questions.