Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

COMMENT: The left apex is radially sectioned and two

Customer Question

For Dr. David: COMMENT: The left apex is radially sectioned and two sections show involvement of a positive margin. The positive margin of the first involved radial section measures approximately 2 mm and the second involved radial section measures approximately 1 mm.
The posterior margin posteriorly is extremely focal, measuring far less than 1 mm (one gland extends to the inked margin). I have previously asked sbout my husband surgical pathology report after his prostrate was removed the dr requested this additional report
What does this mean
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

this means the prostate cancer was very close to the edge of what was cut out of his body,

when the prostate cancer is very very close to the edge of the prostate gland, there is a high chance that prostate cancer cells were left behind in the area of the surgery in his pelvis.

he could have return of his prostate cancer and elevation of his PSA levels after surgery.

he needs to see a radiation oncology doctor to see if he would benefit from radiation therapy for 6-7 weeks to his prostate bed to kill off the remainder cells left behind in his prostate bed.

let me know if you have questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com