Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I suffer from bile reflux. We think anyway as ppis 't

Customer Question

I suffer from bile reflux. We think anyway as ppis don't stop the reflux. I take 40 mg aciphex daily to help keep things healed up. On my last upper gi the doctor thought he saw Barrett's, but it turned out to be an inlet patch. I recently had a benign
tumor pulled from the roof of my mouth. It showed some cells that were of note though. I don't have the pathology yet. I've suffered from reflux for 5 years. Could it have helped produce the salivary gland tumor? I'm considering the linx procedure. is it successful?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I doubt the biopsy will show a salivary gland tumor.

before you get the Linx Nissen fundoplication, you should do a stomach emptying fluoroscopy study to see if you might be having gastroparesis or delayed stomach emptying.

you should also get a HIDA scan to check on the function of your gall bladder to see if it is working properly and ejecting bile properly.

I assume your doctor has performed an upper GI procedure and checked for H Pylori bacteria in your stomach.