Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am following up with my question from last month where I

Customer Question

Hi. I am following up with my question from last month where I had been sick and had a touchable node in my neck . I ended up not being able to see the ENT but 2 weeks ago saw my regular dr and he said the lymph node was larger than the other one but not
hard and mobile. He checked my arms and stomach area and said since those weren't swollen I was probably ok. I could have blood work done if I wanted it but I didn't do it. Now yesterday I woke up with a swollen arm pit long the muscle line. It looks very
visible and sore to me but no lump. My health anxiety is through the roof and I'm terrified I have rapidly spreading cancer. I leave for vacation for 2 weeks tomorrow and am paralyzed with fear.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr David

cancer would be super super unlikely at your age.

you need to do some things to calm down your anxiety.

being paralyzed with fear isn't helpful

if you need to see a doctor right away, go to the ER or urgent care center.

see a doctor and get the lump examined and get an ultrasound

most likely it is from an ingrown hair follicle or a reactive lymph node swollen up to help fight off infections to keep you healthy.

get some blood work

I bet all of your testing will come back normal.

do the tests now so that when you go on vacation in 2 weeks, you won't be stressed.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually leave for vacation for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. i don't have weight loss, nights sweats etc. I feel tired but that happens when I am anxious. My doctor laughed me off but I also don't want unnecessary tests
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you don't want unnecessary tests

but you are worried about cancer.

what other questions do you have for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The attached photo is what I mean by swollen. It's the arm on the left in the pic but my right arm since I took it as a selfie. If I relax I will be ok for 2 weeks? And if still worried make an appt?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I see.

most likely a reactive lymph node.

you will be ok for 2 weeks.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just don't understand what it could be swelling from and why it wouldn't be lymphoma. Sorry.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

lymphoma is a rare cancer.

most lymph nodes swelling are due to reactive lymph nodes or from infections.