Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I feel and see a small, hard, moveable lump just medial to

Customer Question

I feel and see a small, hard, moveable lump just medial to where my shoulder meets my neck, left side of my body. I looked up lymph nodes in that area and it seems to be the location of the lateral nuchal node. Is this a superficial node that can be palpated? I can feel another hard ball just up from it in my my neck, but it cannot be seen and feels much deeper. I'm not sure how long this lump has been there, maybe a week?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, there are many superficial lymph nodes in that area which can be felt if you are thin

normal lymph nodes can be 1-2 cm in size and feel rubbery and movable.

it can be normal for lymph nodes to swell up temporary to help fight off infections and to keep you healthy

lymph nodes are part of your body's normal immune system.

if you are worried, you can see a doctor and get an ultrasound of the area, but I bet it will show normal lymph nodes there

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am quite thin, but I can't feel the anything on the other (right) side of my neck/shoulder area (the lump is posterior, by the way, not anterior near the clavicle, but closer to spine). I also have a weird burning sensation in both armpits radiating outwards toward arms, and sometimes in towards rib cage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long would you suggest waiting before ultrasound? And is the lateral nuchal node normally palpable?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

Yes these lymph nodes can be normally palpable

You can see a doctor in 2-4 if it is still there

I am not worried about cancer

Your rib cage burning sensation could be from excessive stomach acid

You can try over the counter stomach acid blocking agents like Zantac or Prilosec

If done for now please leave positive feedback below.

You can always reach me as Dr David. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com