Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

May I talk to Dr

Customer Question

may I talk to Dr David
Category: Oncology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Dr David. This is John
Are you here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pls. reply once received this message. Thanks
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

He doesn't seem to be working right now. May I take your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I try to send you the info through the help of just answer but I need to wait.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to open to public.
I am a nasopharyngeal carcinoma patient. After chemoradiotherapy treatment at the end of 2008, I have severe sensory polyneuropathy of axonal degeneration change up to this year according to the nerve conduction test. I am frequent fall due to numbness from toe to knee. Fingers to wrist.
I was arranged to have a neurologist assessment . But the doctor ignore the nerve conduction result and do the pin prick test on my scalded foot . His conclusion is I felt pain so there is no restriction for me do the normal activities. And I can get back to work.
Neurologist testing is very important to me . They give me marking is 1 out of 100
May I know why do they use pin prick test instead of conduction testing?
If it is fair if my leg had a lot of wounds and they do pin prick test for me ? If the result will be affected? I can send you the photo
What is the difference in between these two testing and which one is more accurate under my complaint problem numbness.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it a reasonable testing if my leg had a lot of wounds and they do pin prick test for me ?