Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am 39yrs of age and have 4 kids been on ad off birth

Customer Question

Hello, I am 39yrs of age and have 4 kids been on ad off birth control and still on it now. When should I get off the pill and what are the chances of me developing cancer due to birth control. I take loestrin fe
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

if you don't want to have more kids, you need some form of contraception if you are having regular sex.

birth control pills do slightly increase your risks for breast cancer and uterine cancer but the increased risk is very very small.

since the level of estrogen in the pill is very very low.

if you are fine with not having sex or using other forms of birth control, then you can come off of the pill.

but you don't have to worry about the increased risks for cancer from the pill, the risks are super small

let me know if you have questions.