Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I'm bedridden and can only manage trips to the toilet. I am

Customer Question

I'm bedridden and can only manage trips to the toilet. I am being treated for coronary artery spasms and or microvascular disease.. Not officially diagnosed. Taking calcium channel blocker and nitroglycerin.
8 weeks ago I started getting waves of nausea with tachycardia and weakness. Could carry out simple activity, but upon resting would get these symptoms. The less I did the better I felt. I feel there's more going on than just the heart stuff. Cannot be upright for more than a minute.. If I push it I will be very sick when I lay down. Symptoms are
Tachycardia, nausea, abdominal pain, flank pain, upper back pain, chest pain, and a burning throuought those areas. Doesn't hurt to touch.. Feels deeper. No appetite, weight loss, Extreme weakness, fatigue, shaking sometimes feeling cold, sometimes feel breathless after getting up. Very puzzled at why symptoms r worst AFTER I get up.. It starts when I've laid back down.
My cardiologist did lots of blood tests for everything he could think of. Eg thyroid, Full blood count 2 months ago. It has worsened considerably since then. Also had an upper endoscopy 8 weeks ago- normal. Also an abdominal ultrasound 8 weeks ago- normal. I cannot understand why nothing is showing up when I am so sick and can't even be upright. Is there anything you can think of?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having these symptoms.

if you think you are having coronary artery spasms, you should see a cardiologist and get a cardiac workup and cardiac angiogram to look at the blood vessels of your heart to see if they are spasming. there are medications which can help with this.

why hasn't your doctor referred you to see a cardiologist?

are you overweight?

do you have excessive anxiety symptoms? excessive anxiety can cause tachycardia, chest pains, shortness of breath, lack of appetite, weight loss, fatigue.

how much weight loss have you had?

how long have you been bed ridden?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Damn.. I think I answered some of your questions already.. I won't get charged extra for this response will I?
My cardiologist is treating me for the spasms.. It's very hard to diagnose microvascular disease. I have to travel interstate for testing.. Even if it does get confirmed I am already on the treatment (calcium channel blocker and nitroglycerin). I have to be careful though as my bp is already 90/60. I am borderline underweight (43 kg and 157cm). Have 3 children 1,6 and 7. Totally symptom free during pregnancies. Chest pains and other symptoms have waxed and waned once my periods start up post partum. But for 8 weeks now I got a flare of symptoms and it has not left me. The back and abdomen pains have come on in the last 8 weeks.. Before that it was flare up of spasm symptoms for a few days then I'd be ok for a month or so. This time everything is so severe and feels like it's worsening. I've been to ER a few times in the past 2 months and nothing shows up.
3 years ago I had elevated troponins after an attack, but heart tests since then don't show anything too abnormal. I only get anxious from being sick.. Never before hand.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I see

no, you are not being charged when you send reponses.

I am glad you are seeing a cardiologist.

it sounds like any little activity to increase your heart rate will worsen your symptoms.

the response of the heart is delayed and when you get back into bed, your heart most likely is still beating fast.

I don't know how you are able to care for your 3 children.

it sounds like any exercise for you is out of the question.