Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Year( 9/2014-9/2015) now my blood tests cbc with

Customer Question

for a year( 9/2014-9/2015) now my blood tests cbc with differential- wbc is high, neutrophils low-lymphocytes high ,monocytes low-
absolute lymphocytes high- mch low- mchc low- rdw high- cmp- alkaline phosphatase high-ast high- alt high- manual differential- segmented neutrophils low- lymphocytes high- platelet review clumped a-hepatitis panel general non- reactive. all so my lymph nodes around my neck swell and are painful and lymph nodes in my groin area swell once in a while.
ultrasound abdomen complete 8-27-2015 impression: fatty liver otherwise no significant abnormality is seen. I would like to know and understand what all the highs and lows in my test results could mean. My research tells me it could be auto immune system related (lupus runs in family, my mother has it she is 95 year old, my 35 year old brother had it he passed away . the lupus got into his organs) or it could be cancer related maybe lymphoma. what can you tell me? I would greatly appreciate any information you could provide. Thank you
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

this is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor.

blood tests you have had are routine complete blood counts. I need to see the actual numbers to better help you.

the normal ranges for many of the levels on a CBC are driven by "statistical" averages and many people can still be normal being out of "normal" range.

the CBC blood test doesn't really tell us if you have autoimmune disease or not

for that you need ANA antinuclear antibody tests and ESR erythrocyte sedimentation rate and c reactive protein and anti dsDNA antibody tests to see if these are elevated or not.

if you are overweight, obesity can cause fatty liver replacement.

if your thyroid hormone levels are low, make sure your TSH levels are between 0.3 and 3.0

hopefully you are on synthroid to get your thyroid levels back up to normal.

you could have Hashimotos thyroiditis if you have a history of autoimmune disease in your family. there are blood tests to check for this.

there are treatments such as Lyrica or Cymbalta which can treat fibromyalgia and depression.

there are treatments such as Requip and Sinemet which can treat restless leg syndrome.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take leverthyroxine, gabapentin, mirapex, effexor, hydrocodene, robaxin, diazepam, meterprol, metformin, triazidon, lisanpril ( sorry about the spelling.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

thanks for your medication list.

I would not stress about your CBC results.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com