Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Breast question. I am 31. Last year, due to something I felt

Customer Question

Breast question. I am 31. Last year, due to something I felt in y breast I consulted a breast surgeon. What I felt was breast tissue and normal. He performed 4 sets of ultrasounds every 3 months. My last ultrasound was January. I check my breasts every
month. No new concerns but I want to know how long I am good from revisiting the surgeon? Since I was given the all clear, do I need to go every year to check for potential cancers or am I too young Otis the ultrasounds I had suffient for two years?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you are 31 years old

you can wait a full year before seeing a surgeon in a year.

you really don't need new breast mammogram or ultrasound if there is no masses in your breast up to age 45.

if you feel something, you can get an ultrasound sooner.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so after my clear exams last year, with no new masses, my chance of a cancer developing is quite rare?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I became very anxious about cancer after visiting a surgeon. And I worry I should keep going but I don't want to if I don't have too
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, your chances of developing breast cancer is very rare.

you don't have to see the surgeon again.

you can continue to do self breast exams.

you don't need regular screening scans until age 45.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you.
As far as the ultrasound screenings go, how long are they accurate or reliable for? Is it two years? As in, a new cancer couldn't grow to a palpable size in that time frame.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

they are accurate for when you get the scan.

at your age, you don't have to worry about getting breast cancer.

your anxiety is getting out of control with worry.

as long as you continue to worry, you will continue to worry about breast cancer.

you need to talk to your doctor about talking to a psychotherapist about your worries and anxieties.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I do feel anxious about breast cancer. I didn't realize that young women get it. And I have no history or family history but still feel concerned.Since I had a year of scans. I believe I am good and ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I ask you something else quickly since you seem informed. I bruise on my shins a lot. Is bruising alone with out any other symptoms a concern for a blood cancer? I must run into things and forget. They are dark bruises. Just light. But I'm light skinned and they are visible.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, you are good and ok.

try not to worry about breast cancer.

please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I ask you something else quickly since you seem informed. I bruise on my shins a lot. Is bruising alone with out any other symptoms a concern for a blood cancer? I must run into things and forget. They are dark bruises. Just light. some I'm not sure are veins because they don't hurt at all
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

if the these bruises are healing after you get them, then there is no reason to worry.

the shins are very common area to hit accidentally.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Leukemia bruises are dark and do not turn yellow and go away?Do they hurt on palpating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's a photo
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

normal bruises can be dark and turn yellow and go away

if you had a CBC blood test it would have checked for leukemia.

if your white blood count is normal, you don't have leukemia.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Would bruises be an only symptom?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

no, bruising would not be the only symptom.

your anxiety is looking for things to worry about

you don't have to worry about leukemia.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. This is the first time I noticed these bruises and become very worried about them meaning blood disorder
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

this is your excessive anxiety making you worried.

you don't have a blood disorder.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. David,
The bruise I was concerned about on my shin is there, but never got dark. Im light skinned so it just looked a little yellowish green and is barely visable but still there after 5 days.
Would a bruise from a blood disorder be dark and noticeable? And I ran into the side of a cabinet yesterday and hit my hip really hard but DIDNT bruise from that. I would bruise if a blood disorder was in the works?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

a bruise from a blood disorder would be dark and noticable.

you don't have a blood disorder

you are letting your anxiety get out of control with worry.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. And would I have associating symptoms with the bruising?Like i said, its not a dark bruise but i can see it, its about a half dollar and is just blue/green/yellow looking.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, you would have other symptoms if you had a blood disorder.

you don't have a blood disorder.