Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a lung report and was wondering what it means I have

Customer Question

hi I have a lung report and was wondering what it means I have been referred to a lung specialist and have a wait before I see him. Gp always to busy to explain what Ct scan report means could someone please translate Ct scan Comment and what it means?
Focal area of infiltrate in the upper right zone with bronchiolectasis and tree in bud opacity is more in keeping with infective or inflammatory changes. The differential includes atypical mycobacteria infection. Rest of lung is clear.
Clinical history Rigth upper lobe infiltrate , history rheumatoid arthritis, ex smoker
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

the CT scan looks like there might be an infection in the lungs

it could be a mycobacteria infection.

you need a bronchoscopy scope procedure to look into that area and take a culture and biopsy to see what type of infection it is.

that is why you are being referred to see a pulmonology lung specialist.

let me know if you have questions.