Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

A clinical study shows Heterogeneous thyroid gland with a

Customer Question

My name is***** a clinical study shows Heterogeneous thyroid gland with a single discrete nodule on the left lobe measures 4.6x1.7x2.0cm and demonstrates a single discrete nodule
FINDING THE GLAND IS DIFFUSE lunch heterogeneous what does this mean?
Category: Oncology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

it is normal for the thyroid gland to look heterogeneous under ultrasound scan. milk is heterogeneous because it is made of water and fat and is homogenized to mix the two together.

heterogeneous just means made up of different parts.

how large is the single discrete nodule in the left lobe? if the nodule is larger than 1cm in size, it should be biopsied to see if it might be early thyroid cancer.