Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am 31 and have severe anxiety and have been under tons of

Customer Question

Hi. I am 31 and have severe anxiety and have been under tons of extra stress lately so I am even TERRIFIRD to ask this: I was treated for a sinus infection in September. Right after that I developed ear pain and fullness and was told not an ear infection
but could become one so was given an antibiotic again. After the 10 days I still had ear fullness and pressure and and it extended down my jaw a bit. My dr said to call an ENT. This was about 1.5 weeks ago. They can't see my til the 26th. I also have what
I think is a swollen lymph node on that same side under my jaw closer to the front of my face. It's firm and I can move it around. I am hysterical because everything I read online says lymphoma cancer. I'm reading stories that are terrifying me. I am now not
sleeping in so scared and before this was already anxious and grinding my teeth. Should I go to an ER or wait til the ENT? I'm so worried I have cancer. Also I have a lot of allergies and have been slightly congested since this. I also had my annual gynecology
appt mid August where he felt all my glands and I was fine. Is this cancer????
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor.

you have had a recent sinus infection and most likely fluid in your inner ear

this can cause reactive lymph nodes to swell up in your neck to help fight infections.

you need to get a mouth bite guard if you are grinding your teeth.

I bet that swollen lymph node is a reactive lymph node

lymph nodes are normal parts of your body's immune system

they can swell up to help filter lymphatic fluid and help fight off infections to help keep you healthy.

I am not worried about lymphoma or cancer for you

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the fast answer. So this node thing I can grab could just be taking time to go down?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you have to stop touching and feeling it which can make it take longer to go down.

yes, several weeks to months after your infection gets better it will go down.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have any other questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, if I leave it alone and just relax I should be ok til I can see the ENT then? As in not an emergency?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, you will be ok if you leave it alone.

it is not an emergency

your ENT doctor will tell you it is not cancer either.

you don't have to stress

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry. I'm hoping that it is just because I am under so much stress and anxiety but now I think I feel two sore spots on the back of my head close to my neck. My husband says its all my stress and tension but I'm worried i have swollen glands spreading like crazy and that this is a emergency sign to get a dr to see me because it's cancer. I know I sound ridiculous but I'm terrified and worried
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you are letting your anxiety get out of control here.

you don't have emergency signs of cancer.

I am a cancer doctor.

you need more treatment for your anxiety symptoms.