Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

What does this mean>"Finding The lungs show no

Customer Question

HI,
What does this mean>"Finding
The lungs show no significant abnorlality. No significan pericardial or pleural effusion is seen. The aorta measure 3.4 x3.2cm at the sinuses of Valsalva, 3.0 x 3.1 cm at the sinotubular junction. Mild calcifications are seen at the sinobubular junction. The maximal ascending thoracic aorta diameter is 4.1 x 4.1 cm. At the level of the mid aortic arch the level of the ductus bump, the aorta measures 2.5 x 2.5 cm. The proximal descending thoracic aorta measure 2.3 x 2.2 cm. The mid decending thoracic aorta measures 2.1 x 2.2 cm. The the diaphragm the decending thoracic aorta measures 2.2 x 2.1 cm. The celiac axis is patent without significant abnormality. The is a hypodense lesion within the left adrenal gland measuring 2.1 x 1.3cm.
Impression:
The ascending thoracic aorta measures 4.1 cm in the greatest diameter.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

the average aorta diameter for women your age is about 3.8cm in size.

your aorta diameter is 4.1cm which is just slightly enlarged.

this can be watched safely and monitored over time.

this is called a very mild case of aortic aneurysm

your doctors will repeat this CT scan test in 6-12 months and continue to monitor the size of your aorta which is the large blood vessel which leaves the heart and carries all of the good blood to the rest of the body

if the aorta diameter gets too large too fast, it might require surgery, but the chances of that happening are very very small.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doctor for explanation. My doctor just said ..no aneurism...did not go into explaining why some sits states didn't reading. No mention of any follow up. Also, nothing clear on the hypodense lesion area..what and nots in regards ***** ***** It seem little knowledge of reading is more confusing and still not clear picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It difficult having fallen three times in two weeks, broken glass, bruises, black and blue areas over and around the eye and still ruff looking deep red on eye lid. One toe, second on left foot feel like a log, can't explain just very different. and now walking with HEAVY left foot down. I even think that the toe caused the unbalance before falling.
Appreciate the quickness you answered for it is a worry but can't do anything about it.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you have fallen

you don't have to worry about your aorta size.

it is not dangerous

your doctor is right. it is not an aneurysm.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rate.excellent.
After thyroid surgery, 3 radiation..what shoud the different blood work numbers be.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

different blood work is too big a category.

your TSH levels should be normal at 0.3 to 3.0

what blood work levels are you worried about?