Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Dr what is the difference between Gp 41 and I gm 41 please

Customer Question

Dr David what is the difference between Gp 41 and I gm 41 please answer this questyion for me
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

Gp41 also known as glycoprotein 41 and is a subunit of the envelope protein complex of retroviruses, including HIV virus

I'm not sure what you mean by gm41

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just had a lot of tests done at the the doctor because I am not feeling well she ran a lyme test one of them said I gg 41 and I gm for that test abnormal is that the same one as the Gp41 . in Hiv

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

no, those are not the same.

that one protein was a false positive

you don't have lyme

you don't have HIV

you don't have to worry about that one antigen positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what protein was false positive on my western blot Lyme I do not think I am explaining this right this test was for lyme it says I gg 41 and I gm 41 for lyme abnormal . what i am asking you is that the same as the gp41 in the westren blot for Hiv

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

no, it is not the same as

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so what is the difference between gp41 and igm 41 and since that test i did was i gg 41 and i gm 41 for lyme there is that mean i have lyme. and one more thing my c-Reactive protien was 11.01 normal is from 4-9 and Esr was normal 0 to 40 mine was 43 . am i in trouble thank you

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

they are different antigens on different things. one is one lyme, one is on HIV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok are these different and would the W B have that band on lyme but it's Hiv now haw about my C-Reactive protein and Esr are they very high and what do I need to do Thank you my Doctor does not explain all that and it's really scaring me I wish you can explain it for me

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

they are different proteins.

they are not related.

lyme is a bacterial infection

HIV is a viral infection.

you have some other inflammation in your body causing your CRP and ESR

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is that very high numbers what inflammation is that Hiv I am always scared about that can you settle my mind . if I did have Hiv and my rapid test was negative will that be my immune system is not working . would that inflammation be that

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

those C reactive proteins and ESR levels are not very high

your anxiety is getting out of control

you don't have HIV. your immune function is working fine.

your HIV tests are negative.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am going to tell you somthing this doctor that send me to get all these tests is Indian and I really do not understand her very well my other doctor sent me to her because like 1 month ago I had a c-Reactive protein and not feeling good for 19.05 that is what it said so last saturday I had these tests and now it is 11.00 which is down from last month normal is 4.9 . I am still not feeling good and struggling with stuff I do not understand I also went back to the health Department and tested last Thursday Rapid test Hiv 1 more time it came out negative agin . I still do not know what is causing me to have this pain and burning in my gums went to my dentist took ex rays all is fine any help where to go also I have cracks in my tounge can not eat any help I will forever be greatful

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you most likely have gum disease from not flossing enough and not brushing your teeth enough.

cracks in the tongue are normal

you don't have HIV

it sounds like you are having excessive anxiety symptoms. you might need treatment for excessive anxiety.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

now gum disease I go to my dentist every 3 months I never had a cavatiy Cracks in the tongue tell me what to do or take to help the burn to go away also you do not think that these numbers are high have you seen them higher thank you for your help I meant the c- reactive and the esr

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I already told you, those numbers are not high

you are not listening to me

you keep asking the same question over and over.

you could be having acid reflux of stomach acid up to your mouth.

you might need to take stomach acid reducing agents.

I have seen those numbers higher.

your numbers are not high.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please answer this one more question for me can someone has advanced aids and test negative for hiv . please answer this with honesty Thank you

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I always answer honestly.

why are you saying I'm not answering honestly.

there is no way to have advanced AIDS and test negative for HIV.