Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have had upper right and left constant dull pain in my

Customer Question

i have had upper right and left constant dull pain in my abdomen and middle back for over 8 mo. now and sometimes it wakes me up with sharp pain from my sleep. had a CT scan and liver is 18 cm and small adenoma on my adrenal gland 1 cm. does this sound serious? I am 52 yrs old women not over weight and very active.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This Dr. David

thank you for requesting me.

the adrenal adenoma is most likely benign.

you could have a slipped disk and pinched nerve in your lower back causing pain which can wake you up from sleep.

an MRI scan of your mid back with contrast can look for slipped or herniated disks and pinched nerves exiting the spinal cord.

dull pain from the abdomen could be from constipation or scar tissue in your abdomen if you have had prior abdominal surgery.

it sounds like you are worried about cancer, but the CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis would have seen cancer if it was there.

18cm liver is slightly large but not worrisome

it doesn't sound like you have had a spine MRI scan yet.