Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have been told I'm suffering with ibs by doctor. I have

Customer Question

Hi I have been told I'm suffering with ibs by doctor . I have had ultrasound on abdomen and it checked liver , pancreas, spleen ect all normal. My stools are loose and yellow brown colour is this normal? The pain is located in the upper left region and goes round to my back . Sent of for stool sample as well as bloods
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am glad you are getting stool testing and blood work.

buscopan is hyoscine butylbromide 10mg and is used for IBS in the UK

are you in the UK or USA?

loose yellow brown stools are usually not a sign of cancer, but can very well be a sign of IBS or a bowel allergy

you could be allergic to gluten wheat protein in breads and pastas which can cause loose stools

allergies to milk sugar lactose or milk protein casein can cause loose brown stools as well.

these need to be checked for

you should keep a food diary of what you eat and when your symptoms are worse and see if you can find out what food cause worse symptoms and then you might have to avoid then.

the stool blood testing and blood test can give more information

let me know if you have questions.