Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Dea Dr. I am looking treatments SCLC advanced stage cancer,

Customer Question

Dea Dr David. I am looking for inmunotherapy treatments for a SCLC advanced stage cancer, for a male, 43, patient, that was treated with chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment with good results. I heard about pembrolizumab. Do you know who can apply it for us? or do you know of any inmunotheray treatment? Also we received from a Chinese hospital a dc cik inmunotherapy treatment option, has USA finish with trials and good results on this inmunotherapy system? do you any good case of soebody trying this treatment. We were also recommend for PCI, is there any new technology to make it with less side effects?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
these studies are new and just starting
http://www.mdanderson.org/publications/oncolog/previous-issues/2015-march/small-cell-lung-cancer-studies-may-increase-treatment-options.html
"A study is being planned in which patients with advanced small cell lung cancer will receive standard chemoradiation therapy followed by the immunotherapy agent pembrolizumab (also called MK-3475), which targets programmed cell death protein 1."
the chinese use cik immunotherapy often. you can do that one and see if it helps.
you can ask for hippocampus sparing IMRT radiation to the whole brain for PCI prophylatic cranial irriadiation therapy.
sparing the hippocampus with IMRT radiation to the whole brain can possibly decrease damage to memory from the brain radiation.
let me now if you have questions.