Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Had ct scan after fall down stairs resulting in t-5

Customer Question

had ct scan after fall down stairs resulting in t-5 compression fraction and soft tissue swelling involving the paraspinal soft tissues immediately surrounding the t-5 vertebral body they also found a 1.5cm soft tissue density cyst arising from the upper pole of the left kidney and one or more renal calculi within the midpole of the right kidney measuring .5cm x 1.8 cm long what does this mean?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
I am sorry you feel down the stairs.
the soft tissue swelling in the paraspinal area could be due to the compression fracture at T5 from your fall, or it could be due to something else.
you might need a biospy of the compression fracture and soft tissue swelling to make sure there is no cancer there.
soft tissue density cysts in the upper poles of the kidney most likely is benign
have your doctors set you up for a biopsy of the soft tissue swelling around the T5 compression fracture?