Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Moderately fibroglandular tissue with ductal pattern? what

Customer Question

moderately fibroglandular tissue with ductal pattern? what does this mean
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Where was this biopsy done? Breast?
Why was it done?
What symptoms did you have?
Do you have the full pathology report?
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was no biopsy, routine yearly mammogram, no symptoms when mammogram and US done. Pathology all clear and on HRT but no other meds.
thank you for that additional information.
Good news!
Basically that is radiologists-speak for normal breast tissue.
Here is an article that you might find helpful:
http://breast-cancer.ca/densitbi-rads/
So. What is the take home message?
There is nothing to worry about. From what you have posted, no mention is made of any sort of scary abnormalities, just a variation of normal breast tissue.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS