Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a dull pain in the front of my neck on the right

Customer Question

Hi, I have a dull pain in the front of my neck on the right side, next to my wind pipe, close to the bottom of my chin when swallowing or burping. It's not bad, but noticeable. It has been coming and going for a few months now. I don't feel anything swollen
there but it's always in the same place. I have not been sick or even had so Much as a runny nose so I dont think its lymph nodes. Should I be concerned? I don't even know if I could categorize it as a pain just more of something noticeable when swallowing
or burping. Thank you!
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
the pain there could be from acid reflux up your esophagus and irritating your throat.
acid reflux is very common and can occur at night time and cause sore throat when you swallow
but you burp, you could be bringing up stomach acid which can irritate your throat as well
certain foods such as alcohol, tomato sauce, spicy foods, fatty foods, oily foods, sodas, fried foods can cause worse stomach acid and acid reflux.
it would be good to see your doctor about this area of soreness and dull pain
and see if changing your diet, avoiding certain foods, or taking stomach acid blocking agents can help decrease acid reflux and help your symptoms
let me know if you have questions.