Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a huge belly but I'm a small to medium size female.

Customer Question

I have a huge belly but I'm a small to medium size female. It happened in fall of '95 and has never gone down at all. I went from a size 8 to 14 over one weekend. Was in the hospital for 5 days doing tests and the only thing I was ever told was "I have a fatty liver". What is this and what can I do to get rid of it
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is is Dr. Davidhow old are you?have you been tested for polycystic ovarian syndrome and gotten your blood androgen levels checked?have you had your thyroid hormone levels checked?both of these conditions can cause you to gain weight and make it hard to loose weight?have you tried to diet and exercise ?