Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I had radiation treatments 1986 2nd stage Hodgkin's disease.

Customer Question

I had radiation treatments 1986 2nd stage Hodgkin's disease. 27 years later, extensive scarring of the lungs is seen with extensive fibrotic changes noted. What is focal pneumonitis? I have trouble breathing from time to time and what is a neoplastic process
in the lung area? I am 52, I abrubtly gain and lose weight because of heart failure also, due to valvular heart disease, due to non-treatment of rheumatic fever. I was adopted at 4 years old. Bio and adopted parents have since passed. Thank you for your assistance
in this matter.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello--"FOCAL PNEUOMONITIS" is another way of describing a case of pneumonia ..an infection within the lung tissue...FOCAL means it would involve one segment or lobe of the lungs A neoplastic process is generally referring to a cancer type growth or process. So this sounds that a rapid growth suspicious for a cancer may be considered as a finding within the lungs. The description that you present is very vague. I am not diagnosing you with any cancer but the reference to a neoplastic process sounds that this may be a concern ...you have an abnormal lung picture or sounds with perhaps a differential diagnosis which may include pneumonia vs a cancerous type process... You need follow up with your pulmonologist to discuss this study further...I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD