Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have lymph node area above my shoulder blade that gets and

Customer Question

I have lymph node area above my shoulder blade that gets and then small throughout the day and sometimes it goes away for weeks
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI see you are 43 years oldthis sounds like a benign lymph node which can swell up from time to time due to inflammation in the shoulder or arm.it doesn't sound like a cancerous lymph node.you can ask your doctor for an ultrasound of your shoulder to look at that area.it could even be a benign synovial cyst or bursitis in your shoulder which you are feeling which can swell up from time to time.let me know if you have questions.