Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a pea size lump preauricular right ear firm no pain

Customer Question

Hi I have a pea size lump preauricular right ear firm no pain fixed approx 6months no infections in well over year. Also have cystic nodules in thyroid 2 cm
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
it can be normal to feel small pea sized lymph nodes in the preauricular area
inflammation of the parotid gland can sometimes do this.
the ultrasound can tell if the lymph node is benign or malignant.
I bet it most likely is a benign or reactive lymph node.
ear infections or ear irritation can cause lymph nodes to swell up in this area as well
if the lymph node really bothers you, you can ask your doctors to have it removed surgically, but most likely you don't need to
let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I guess my concern was having problems with two different areas at the same time the other being the thyroid. Thank you I guess my concern was having problems with two different areas being cystic at the same time the other being the thyroid.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
the thyroid is a gland and is very common to have benign cysts on the thyroid gland
this us usually not a problem.
as long as your thyroid gland is making the right amount of thyroid hormone, then it should be working fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually the thyroid test came back high so hence the referral. And have not had any form of infection at all in the ear. I have had a lot of ongoing medical issues for the last 12 months the doctors have not been able to determine what is wrong. Have had a lot of ongoing medical issues for the last 12 months the doctors have not been able to determine what is wrong. I am also suffering with chronic migraine which I've never had in the past I am seeing a Neuro next week
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And memory loss
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am concerned that there is some sort of tumour as I had for CT scans and three MRIs to determine what is going on Cts done 12 months ago I'm a bit worried that has caused the tumour as I know you should not have this many
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 CT semi circular deicence 3 MRI brain
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you have a lot of worries and anxieties
Your findings don't sound like cancer
None of your scans have found cancer
Excessive anxiety can cause headaches and memory lapses
You don't have to worry about cancer form ct scans
Your doctor would not give you these scans if they were to give you cancer
your symptoms don't sound like they are all related