Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Dr David I contacted you a while ago about worried

Customer Question

Hello Dr David I contacted you a while ago about worried about breast cancer - I have been squeezing them to see if there is a lump there particularly around the nipple and today on both sides there came out a bit of clear discharge. Is this breast cancer
- they are sore and tender now. How do I know its noy breast cancer as I'm worried I have caused this by squeezing all the time. I had a breast ultrasound 2 weeks ago and it was clear. Could you reassure me pls what is the clear discharge on both breasts its
only a bit wheni squeeze them. Thank-you.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
you need to stop squeezing your breast
if you squeeze your breast alot, it is normal for fluid to come out of your breast.
you need to get treatment for this compulsion you have to continue to squeeze your breast
you need to be seeing a psychotherapist regularly about this anxiety you have about having breast cancer.
you need therapy for your excessive anxiety and worry symptoms as well.
this clear discharge you are having is not a sign of breast cancer.
you need to work on not squeezing your breast
let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
know - this started since I lost both my parents and it has become acute now - every bump or pain I feel in NY breasts gives me a panic attack. How can I reassure myself that I don't have this as I so want to just live a normal life - I thought the 7 ultrasound scans I had would have helped but the anxiety comes back. I can't take meds as we want to try for a baby when this gets better. Ive also given myself v bad constipation with the stress and cant go normally. How long should I be on my laxatives for and what happened if they never go back to once a day? Thank-you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you need to go on laxatives until you start to have bowel movements once a day at least.
your stools will go back to once a day
you have to increase your laxatives and you will have a bowel movement.
make sure you drink plenty of fluids and continue to use your laxatives
you don't have breast cancer