Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Im a breast cancer survivor. My cancer was fast growing and

Customer Question

Im a breast cancer survivor. My cancer was fast growing and had spread to my lymph nodes. Six were positive and removed. They went aggressive with chemo and radiation. I had AC1and Taxol followed by radiation. It was a year total of treatments. That was 2010 to 2011.
I suffer severe nerve damage all over my body. The last 4 months my back pain kept getting worse and ran from my hip, buttocks, thigh, leg, ankle and foot. They did an mri that showed bulging degenerative disc disease on the L1 - L5 with protrusion on L4/5. I was told I have osteoporosis snd arthristis. Most like from my cancer/ chemo treatments. Also don't have reflex from my knee on down to my ankle and foot.
I walk with a cane and have to have help getting in a car cause I cant move my left leg on my own due to pain and no sensation .The pain on my back runs from my mid back just below my left shoulder blade down my spine to my lower back. I sometimes feel like paralysis sits in every now and them. Could that evently occur?
On the left side of my back i have a pain that radiates to the left side of my chest. It feels like a muscle twisting in my back and in the front as though Im having a heart attack with pressure. It occurs when I twist or turn to my left.
The mri showed a spot in that same are they say is my thoracic. What concerns me is since its on the same side of my cancer. Why are they not concern and said will just keep an eye on it for changed. I would think they would want to biopsy it. What do you think about it?Also is all of this from cancer/treatments.
Im 46yrs old and feel like Im an old lady. I suffer fatigue. Sometimes with my pain I get very sleepy. I was driving home one day and I had my severe pain episode. I had to pull over cause I felt like I was going to really fall asleep.
Any input with your proffessional thoughts or opinions you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
thanks for requesting me. sorry about the delay as the question was in neurology section. I work in oncology and medicine categories.
you need a bone scan and a PET/CT scan to see if that spot in the T spine lights up
if it is metastatic breast cancer to the bone, you might benefit from radiation therapy to shrink down the spot and take pressure off of nerves to decrease pain.
you might benefit from neurontin or lyrica to help decrease neuropathy pain from your prior chemotherapy.
you need to get your iron levels and B12 and vitamin D and thyroid levels checked as well.
low levels of these can cause fatigue
let me know if you have questions.