DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Doctor
55099014

Oncologist Please!!!!

Customer Question

Sometimes if I rub over my nipple back and fourth, some dry particles/skin will rub off the sides. Both nipples but mainly the left I notice more.
No itching or pain or anything. Last time I noticed this was in March.
Could this be pagets? Should I see a breast surgeon ?
My last breast ultrasound and exam was in December.
last year, for a completely separate issue. I had breast ultrasounds with a surgeon every 3 months for continuity of care. So I went May through December every 3 months. Last was seen in December and dismissed with clear breast tissue. I am 30. My original reason for going was a lump that was a fat lobule.
My question here is, if this was pagets- it wouldn't be surfacing from an invasive cancer because that would have been seen by ultrasound in December. If this is DCIS causing pagets, would it be stagnant for months and be randomly a little dry?
No other nipple issues. Generally lotion or vitamin e oil will stop the dryness.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
any other medical problems?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
If this was anything serious it would have shown up in one of the tests. This sounds like a skin condition. Possibly eczemaI would see a dermatologist and not an oncologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Pagets online says that it would cause scaling and all that. After I put lotion on in March- I never noticed another issue. So it would have gotten worse since March..correct?
Also,
Something cancerous causing pagets would have been seen in the ultrasound, correct?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
yes, correct and paget's doesn't go away with lotion. Also it would have been seen on ultrasound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right. DCIS wouldn't be seen on ultrasound though- but I'm only 30 with no family history so I don't know if DCIS would be common for me.
Then there's true pagets which is very treatable and not related to cancer in the breast.
But that's very rare. So I'm hoping I am
Ok. My health fears have really been crazy.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
DCIS wouldn't cause skin changes though. I think you are totally fine. I'm not worried
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read online that pagets appears in the nipple. And it's from DCIS in the breast, coming through the nipple
But maybe I'm reading it wrong.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
I think you are You would need a more advanced tumor to cause paget's And you have had a mammogram recently correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a 3-d ultrasound with a breast surgeon here where I live 4 times. He didn't do a mammo because I was young and he said a 3d is his preferred study for my young dense breasts.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
I totally agree. You are clear. no further workup needed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. And is there a period of time I should be ok with no fearing of cancer? Is that good for a year?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
1 year. exactly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I do my monthly checks. I just want to know that after all those tests. And being 30. That I can relax a little until I'm 35 and get a baseline.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
You can relax. Yes. I'm sure of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So in order to have pagets..I would have to have an invasive tumor. Which I don't have. So I couldn't have pagets. Unless it was true pagets which is treatable
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
correct
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.