Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I was diagnosed earlier this year with a carcinoid tumor,

Customer Question

I was diagnosed earlier this year with a carcinoid tumor, removed, all is well. Now I have been diagnosed with severe aortic valve regurgitation. Apparently all of this has put me into early full blown menopause. However, I started last Sunday and haven't stopped. Now, on top of all of this, I have been nauseous for over a week, alternating between diarrhea and constipation. I have never had constipation and have not had to deal with a lot of nausea. I have talked with my doctors and have had just about every known blood test. There is also a very minimal amount of blood in my stool per a hemostat test. All of this has been going on since March and I still have not been given a reason for the constipation, diarrhea and nausea. It hasn't gotten so bad in the past two weeks that I have missed three days of work. I am tired and lack energy and just generally feel bad on a constant basis. What can I try?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
If there is no other explanation, a colonoscopy would be in order.
We start this screening at age 50.
What have you "tried".?