Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I had Rectal Lymphoma in 2013. I have been in remission for

Customer Question

I had Rectal Lymphoma in 2013. I have been in remission for 18 months. I had a colonoscopy in January of this year and was clear. I have been seeing bright red blood when I have a bowel movement or just strain for 4 weeks. I do have large hemorrhoids . I have not lost weight and the blood is never dark. My you primary care Doctor did a rectal exam in his office and said he did not What is your opinion. Thank you. I am 62 and my name is David.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
it is much more likely for your hemorrhoids to be causing your blood when you have large bowel movements and strain which can make hemorrhoids bleed.
you need to talk to your doctor about steroid creams and suppositories which can help calm down hemorrhoids.
also you need to soften your stools with fiber and stool softeners and laxatives to help make bowel movements easier to pass
it doesn't sound like your rectal lymphoma has come back.
your colonoscopy was clear january this year
let me know if you have questions.