Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I had a Ct of abdomen and pelvis..It came back and said that

Customer Question

I had a Ct of abdomen and pelvis..It came back and said that ..Stomach filled with fluid and Nonspecific wall thickening of the first/second portion of the duoderium, some of which could be due to underdistention..What does this mean??
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
if you drink water or fluid before you had the CT scan, the CT scan can see the fluid in your stomach
if you didn't drink fluid, the fluid in your stomach could be from stomach acid.
the stomach wall can be thick from irritation of the stomach from too much stomach acid which can cause gastritis or inflammation of the stomach
you really can't control how much your stomach is distended on a CT scan
do you have a history of too much stomach acid production?
you might need to consult with a GI doctor to get an upper endoscopy scope procedure to look down into your stomach to check on the inside of your stomach.
you could also get a colonoscopy as well
have you had an upper endoscopy before?