Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a well-defined T 2 hyperintense nodule in right adrenal

Customer Question

I have a well-defined T 2 hyperintense nodule in right adrenal gland 3.3x3.3 x3.2 the lesion demonstrates patchy signal drop out on the out of phase compared to in phase representing lipid rich adrenal adenoma. I am 70'year old woman
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
MRI scan have high sensitivity of chemical shift to minute amounts of intravoxel fat
MR imaging shows signal intensity loss on opposed-phase images in the majority of adenomas
drop in signal intensity of greater than 20% is considered diagnostic for a benign adenoma
a CT scan of the adrenals can give HU housfield units which can also give information about if it is an adenoma
do you have the impression section of the MRI scan?
did the radiologist think it is an adenoma?