Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I had breast cancer in 2012, I have silicone implants. The

Customer Question

I had breast cancer in 2012, I have silicone implants. The rt one has been leaking, I had can peer on my lft breast and now I have this knot a size ofavquarter maybe bigger I went to my family doctor and they did an X-ray it showed nothing. They said it was soft tissues so I neede to go see my Oncologists. 5 out of 7 sisters have had cancel my mom passed away with breast cancer, I am seeing a small knot above my breast. When I had the surgery they did not take my lymphnotes because they said they were not cancerous. Please tell me something. I'm seeing my oncologists next week but I am scared that I have cancer again, and I'm feel it.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
if you have a history of breast cancer in your left breast, and silicone implants, and the right one is leaking, the left one could be leaking as well, which can cause knots on your skin
you need more than a mammogram on your breast
you need a breast ultrasound and breast MRI scan to look at your breast.
have you had a breast ultrasound and MRI scan yet to look for evidence of implant leak? a regular mammogram most likely will not show leak.