Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

This question is Doctor: What is the realistic life

Customer Question

This question is for a Doctor: What is the realistic life span of someone diagnosed with both Lymphoma and Leukemia? Is it common to be diagnosed with both of them? At what stage is the mental capacity affected? How does lymphoma and leukemia affect the
mental capacity of someone in the advance stages? Is coughing and poor mobility one of the results of having these cancers? Once in the advanced stages, what is the life expectancy?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
There is no way to guess what the life expectancy of a patient with both lymphoma and leukemia is from the very limited data you have provided.
All of your questions are very important and very good ones.
The best place and, really only, place to get answers to these questions is to discuss them with the oncology care team. Since they know all the facts about the particular patient they will be able to provide you with in-depth, knowledgeable answers.
One other words of advice: Do not believe what the Evil Dr. Google tells you....
Does this make sense to you?
I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The person has died who had the cancers. My questions are because of a probate case I am involved in. I personally do not have cancer. I need to know the answers to my questions to get a broad and general idea about the timeline of these 2 cancers progression in the last year of the person's life, on the average. The person's death certificate stated they died from lymphoma, but the leukemia was a secondary contributing factor. June of 2012 we noticed his clothes were at least 2 sizes too big and his face was very flushed. March 2013 we noticed in court he did a lot of coughing and kept going to the men's room. In his obituary we saw a photo of him dated December 2014 where he looked 30 pounds smaller than he did in March of 2013. He died November 2014. We know without reviewing the medical record you can only speculate. Please speculate.
For probate your best bet is to hire an attorney experienced in these types of matters. She will hire experts to review the decedents medical records, autopsy results (if available) and submit an opinion to The Court.
It is impossible to even speculate given the limited data you have provided.
I wish you the very best.
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Rick, we have had 3 attorneys and as many paralegals and they were all wash outs after spending thousands of dollars for their services. This is why we began representing ourselves 3 1/2 years ago and have been successful doing so. As you know, because of confidentiality, we cannot just access someone's medical records with out a subpoena, something our prior paid legal professionals would not bother to do. Since representing ourselves we have sent out several subpoenas successfully. What we needed before taking that step was general, speculative, guesstimates. I see this is not something you are comfortable doing and I understand that. Thank you for your time. Is there another professional you can pass this question to who can give us an answer?
Best of luck to you.
Outside of hiring a "well papered" professional, or a group of them, and giving them full, unrestricted access to all the data your chances of success on this issue are remote.
Online guesstimates will hold no weight in court.
Does this make sense?
Dr. Rick MD FACS