Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a low platlet of 86 down from 95 1 month ago. Saw Md

Customer Question

I have a low platlet of 86 down from 95 1 month ago. Saw Md who said I'm obese, so I must have a fatty liver and this is cause?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

yes, obesity will cause fatty liver and cause part of the liver to change to fat.

to help stop this process, you have to diet and exercise and loose weight

also you should see a hematologist about your low patelets and get a bone marrow biopsy and ultrasound scan of your spleen to see if your spleen is enlarged. sometimes an enlarged spleen can take up platelets too early out of your system.

your thyroid hormone levels have to be checked. low thyroid hormone levels can cause weight gain.

also polycystic ovarian syndrome should be checked for as well for the cause of obesity.

how old are you?