How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Oncology
Satisfied Customers: 45161
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181
Type Your Oncology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 3.9cm thyroid complex mass on right side. Had a FNA

Customer Question

I have a 3.9cm thyroid complex mass on right side. Had a FNA this morning. The size was 2.5 a year ago. Being optimistic I suspect the result will come back benign or undetermined. Also have recently discovered large mass in sacrum into pelvis and glutealmuscle. Any relation? Also should I have the thyroid mass removed regardless of the diagnosis?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
I am glad you had the 3.9cm thyroid complex mass biopsied by FNA
thyroid lesions larger than 1cm have a 80% chance of being benign and 20% chance of being malignant. so the odds are in your favor.
most likely the sacral mass is not related to the thyroid
if the thyroid biopsy is benign, you don't have to have the thyroid mass removed. it can just be watched.
I am more worried about the sacral mass into the pelvis and gluteal muscle
are your doctors planning a biopsy of this?
do you have the CT scan reports of this?